Portfolio management and organizational capacity
To properly chose your projects and manage your capacity.
Portfolio management is a considerable step towards a better management of limited resources.
Projects portfolio management is a strategic process that aims, first and foremost, to the realization of good projects and projects programs, in other words, those capable of increasing and maximizing the desired benefits set by the organization, following projects delivery.
The ultimate goal of portfolio management of corporate projects is to initiate a set of projects that are:
- Aligned with the strategic objectives.
- Representing the best possible choices in terms of profit maximization for all of its strategic objectives and for a given level of investment.
- Ensuring optimum balance between the goals of the organization, ability to achieve its projects, associated risks, and return on investments (ROI).
Portfolio management allows to implement efficient processes to:
- Identify and prioritize projects that are aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Appropriately assess the organizational capacity to achieve the selected projects.
- Appropriately allocate limited resources.